Yellow Bumble bee Build Log
Posted on April 30 2016
1x Covert230 Frame made out of HDPE (high density polyethylene) – By Chris Matvejev
1x CC3D Flight Controller running Betaflight 2.6.1
1x MXK Power Distribution Board PDB with OSD BEC Output 5V 12V 3A LC Filter for CC3C Naze32 F3
4x Cobra 2204/2300kv Motors
4x FVT Littlebee 20a ESC BHHELI
1x Aomway T25 5.8GHz Selectable 25/200mW 40CH FPV Tx
Some notes about the build.
- The bottom has lots of ventilation and cut outs, this allows aerial of RX to sit inside the frame and still work fine.
- Only 20amp LB will fit, 30amp is too large.
- Cable ties hold the ESCs in
- HS1177 STD will not fit, you need the Mini version.
- Make sure you have the FC around the correct way so the hole is there for easy access.
- As the motors are well protected byt the high plastic, It’s a bit difficult to grab hold of them when tightening props and taking them off.
Frame only, aligning the PDV/OSD and FC to check heights etc
Soldering the XT60 and cables to PDB
I had presoldered all the motors to the ESCS weeks ago, so all I had too do what cut correct length for ETC power and solder to PDB
Aligning the cables so it fits snug
All put together. There is ESC holes for cable ties to hold esc in tight.
Hole for VTX.. Drilled 3 times, as I could not fit it out horizontal, and then drilled on the top and it was to close so could not fit it either.
Make sure you measure and drill once!
Had to separate the camera from board as I wanted a 45 degree angle.
Camera Mounted with Hot Glue