Looking for a Bondtech MK3S Extruder Upgrade Kit in Australia?
This is the latest generation Bondtech upgrade for the popular Prusa I3 MK3S, with an optimized design achieved with the help of the community.
This kit contains the necessary parts to convert your current extruder to our own popular design based upon our BMG (Bondtech Mini Geared) extruder with 3:1 gearing ratio for better precision and resolution together with optimized geometry for the heatsink cooling and professional SLS 3D printed housing.
It is also compatible with the MK2.5S model.
LIGHTWEIGHT BMG (BONDTECH MINI GEARED)
With this version we also lower the moving weight to reduce ghosting and vibrations or to allow increasing the printing speed. 15% of weight saving was achieved.
PRODUCT MAIN FEATURES
This extruder upgrade kit is for the Prusa i3 MK3S, or other Prusa i3 models upgraded to MK3S.
These are its main features:
- Adapted to fit Prusa’s new filament sensor;
- Includes one Bondtech’s BMG extruder with 3:1 gearing ratio;
- Optimized geometry for heat-sink cooling;
- Less moving weight to reduce vibration and ghosting;
- Professional SLS 3D printed housing.
ADDRESSING 3D PRINTING ISSUES
The enhanced housing design improves cooling and decreases heat creeping issues that all metal hotends have when printing with PLA. This small enhancement will avoid many clogs.
The increased push force will drastically reduce slipping, shredding and deformation of the filament avoiding most of the common filament 3D printing issues that start with under and over extrusion.
UPDATING THE FIRMWARE
To use this upgrade in the MK3S, the E-steps needs to be updated to 830, as it uses 32-bit micro-stepping. Use this file instead.
This is a co-development work with awesome guys in the Prusa Community like Chris Warkocki, Grégorie Saunier (Bear Upgrades), Olof Ogland, Erik Bjorgan, Josh Jones, Kyle Wiehe, Marc Evertz, Matt Harrison, Ocie Ward, Sando Bendig, Vecko Kojchevski (Vecko Extruder), Steven Mölby, and Yuri Delia that have provided excellent feedback and suggestions of how to develop the “perfect” extruder setup for the Prusa series printer. A lot of work has been put in this project and we tried to listen to all the inputs in order to find a solution that can be the best fit to the Prusa I3 MK3S.
Lightweight 25 mm pancake stepper with 18 N/m torque.
Max Input Current : 0.8A
Max chamber working temperature: 80℃
343,2g of parts coming out and 291,5g of parts coming in. A 51g (15%) weight saving.
CONTENTS OF THE X-Carriage KIT includes:
- X-Carriage Front
- X-Carriage Rear
- 5x M3x10 Screws
- 5x M3 square nut
- 1x M3 nut
Why buy from Phaser FPV?
- DEPENDABLE - Phaser started in 2012 -Long reputable history & 5 star reviews.
- SPEED - All stock located in our retail store in Gosford NSW Australia. - We ship express today, you receive tomorrow.***
- TRANSPARENT Stock - If it says in stock on our website, we ship today! If we know the ETA, we also advise of this on each product.
- EXPERIENCE - Within our 10 Staff Members, you will find at least two who know, are experienced, and regularly use our products. Confused or not sure what to buy? Please call us and get our advice - We will save you money, do not buy twice.
- FREE gift on first and recurring orders
- FREE shipping on orders over $120***
- FREE express shipping over $250***
- Active on social media - Tag us or DM us!
- Large Facebook Community for like-minded individuals.
- Piper - Come in-store and meet our friendly, cute, house dog. Careful, she loves to lick!
- GST Registered. If you are a business and want to claim GST you may note other niche FPV stores are not registered.