Are you wanting to buy Monocure 3D Rapid Tuff in Australia?
Monocure 3D TUFF™ resin is a unique blend of advanced urethanes specifically designed to produce a part that possesses high tensile strength. These mechanical properties provide a right balance of strength, flexibility, and a hard surface finish.
Use M3D TUFF™ if you intend to 3D print robust engineering prototypes; it was designed to withstand high stress and strain. Once fully post-cured, TUFF™ can also be machined, painted, or polished for further finishing (see below for more details).
Monocure development team has created this unique material to remain rigid and hard, yet withstand high tensile pressure. The strength improves with the increased thickness of the printed part. For more delicate, thinner models, it is recommended to add FLEX100™ to increase the flexibility if required.
Impact and tensile Strength - What is the difference?
To test the durability of a material when it is dropped or hit with a sudden force is done by performing an Impact Strength Test. It is essential to understand that this is very different from a Tensile Strength Test.
In an impact resistance test, the material is subjected to a force suddenly without any warning. When measuring the Tensile strength of a material, the pressure is applied to it gradually. Failure for both phenomena happens through entirely different mechanisms. In tensile testing, stress exceeds fracture/ultimate value, and in impact testing, the energy transferred is too much for the material to handle.
TUFF™ Printing Tips - How do I use this resin?
Finishing - What's the best practice?
For best results after printing, use ResinAway® for removing uncured resin from the part. Place part in a pre-wash bath filled with ResinAway® and use a soft brush to remove excess resin. Follow by placing the component into an ultrasonic cleaner with ResinAway® for 3-5mins to help remove the resin trapped in the finer detail.
Ensure parts are dry by using compressed air or patting gently with a lint-free cloth before post-curing – Warning: leaving excess IPA or ResinAway® on parts might result in surface cracking.
TUFF™ requires post-curing to reach its optimal mechanical properties. We recommend using a 405nm LED Ultraviolet light to post-cure the model. It is recommended to post-cure for at least 30 mins to improve the tensile strength of the resin, but up to 2 hours will further enhance the mechanical properties. These properties will also increase over a few days.
When exposing a part to external elements, apply paint to the surface to improve longevity. Alternatively, the components can be machined, sanded and polished to create a tough scratch resistant surface.
Please check out printer settings for Monocure 3D Resin here.
- Browse all Monocure 3D
- Browse all SLA Resin
- Don't forget to check out Monocure 3D Resinaway, Platebond & FEP Films.
Why buy from Phaser FPV?
- DEPENDABLE - Phaser started in 2012 -Long reputable history & 5 star reviews.
- SPEED - All stock located in our retail store in Gosford NSW Australia. - We ship express today, you receive tomorrow.***
- TRANSPARENT Stock - If it says in stock on our website, we ship today! If we know the ETA, we also advise of this on each product.
- EXPERIENCE - Within our 10 Staff Members, you will find at least two who know, are experienced, and regularly use our products. Confused or not sure what to buy? Please call us and get our advice - We will save you money, do not buy twice.
- FREE gift on first and recurring orders
- FREE shipping on orders over $120***
- FREE express shipping over $250***
- Active on social media - Tag us or DM us!
- Large Facebook Community for like-minded individuals.
- Piper - Come in-store and meet our friendly, cute, house dog. Careful, she loves to lick!
- GST Registered. If you are a business and want to claim GST you may note other niche FPV stores are not registered.