Are you looking for Prusament PLA in Australia?
Prusament PLA is the best quality 3D printing PLA on the market! It's made in-house at Prusa HQ under the closest of inspection with a tolerance of just ±0.02mm. Check out our full range of colours online or in-store at West Gosford, NSW.
We now allow preorders on our Prusament if in stock with Prusa HQ. If you preorder one item your whole shipment will be delayed until it the preorder arrives. ETA for preorders is 9-14 days from the order date.
Prusament PLA Colour Range:
- Prusament Galaxy Black
- Prusament Prusa Orange
- Prusament Lipstick Red
- Prusament Ms. Pink
- Prusament Azure Blue
- Prusament Vanilla White
- Prusament Pearl Mouse
- Prusament Galaxy Silver
- Prusament Mystic Green
- Prusament Mystic Brown
- Prusament Army Green
- Prusament Gentleman's Grey
- Prusament Galaxy Purple
- Prusament Opal Green
- Prusament Jet Black
- Prusament Pineapple Yellow
- Prusament Royal Blue
- Prusament Lime Green
- Prusament Viva La Bronze (Blend)
- Prusament Oh My Gold (Blend)
PLA melts at a relatively low temperature of about 175 degrees Celsius. Unlike so-called thermoset materials, PLA can be heated past its melting point multiple times with very little degradation. It’s a hard material, but that also means it’s somewhat brittle, and once it breaks, it likes to shatter. Only this material is proven for 50 microns layer height.
However, PLA is not a perfect material and, just like every other plastic, has some disadvantages. The low melting temperature also means low-temperature resistance. Parts start to lose mechanical strength at temperatures over 60 °C. The combination of being both biodegradable and having low-temperature resistance means that it’s not ideal for outdoor use, not to mention low UV-resistance. Also, PLA is only soluble in chemicals like chloroform or hot benzene. So when connecting multiple pieces, you’re better off using just glue. Even though PLA is biodegradable, and the material on its own is food safe, we do not suggest to repeatedly drink or eat from your 3D prints.
Because of the small fractures on the print surface, bacteria can build up in there over time. You can prevent this by applying a food-safe coating. When post-processing PLA, it’s better to use wet sanding. Without water you'll quickly start heating the plastic by friction, it will melt locally and make it hard to keep sanding.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
MANUFACTURED IN-HOUSE BY JOSEF PRUSA
PREMIUM-GRADE MATERIALS AND THOROUGH TESTING
± 0.03 MM MANUFACTURING PRECISION
HIGH QUALITY YOU CAN CHECK YOURSELF
- Browse Prusament Filament
- Browse ASA Filament
- Browse ABS Filament
- Browse Nylon Filament
- Browse PC Filament
- Browse PETG Filament
- Browse PLA Filaments (also PLA+)
- Browse PVA Filament
- Browse Silk Filament
- Browse SLA Resin
- Browse Speciality Filament
- Browse TPU Filament
- Check out all our 3D Printing Supplies
Why buy from Phaser FPV?
- DEPENDABLE - Phaser started in 2012 -Long reputable history & 5 star reviews.
- SPEED - All stock located in our retail store in Gosford NSW Australia. - We ship express today, you receive tomorrow.***
- TRANSPARENT Stock - If it says in stock on our website, we ship today! If we know the ETA, we also advise of this on each product.
- EXPERIENCE - Within our 10 Staff Members, you will find at least two who know, are experienced, and regularly use our products. Confused or not sure what to buy? Please call us and get our advice - We will save you money, do not buy twice.
- FREE gift on first and recurring orders
- FREE shipping on orders over $150***
- FREE express shipping over $250***
- Active on social media - Tag us or DM us!
- Large Facebook Community for like-minded individuals.
- Piper - Come in-store and meet our friendly, cute, house dog. Careful, she loves to lick!
- GST Registered. If you are a business and want to claim GST you may note other niche FPV stores are not registered.