It's finally here!
The pyrodrone F4 board has been one of the very few boards with perfectly flat one side which lot of guys been utilizing as a "shelf" for their VTX and RX.
It was time to reroute the pads and offer a direct clean solder option for the TBS UNIFY V3 VTX and the TBS Nano RX similar to the Whitenoise Synergy FC.
The Pyro F4 RACE also has a built in socket which makes it plug & play with the Pyro32 F3 45A 4in1 ESC (The correct harness is ONLY included in the ESC package)
Please check below for tips and Betaflight Settings.
MPU6000 Gyro STM32F405 CPU @ 168mhz, can be overclocked
2-6S direct battery input
3.3V 100ma, 5V 2A BEC
5V and Vbat Camera Power
Built in configurable Betaflight OSD
Flat bottom PCB for SUPER CLEAN builds
36x36 PCB with 30.5x30.5 mounting holes
UART1 (INVERTER FOR SBUS),
UART3 (INVERTED TELEMETRY), use CLI command : Set tlm_halfduplex=off UART4 (Free),
UART5 (Smart Audio)
The Pyrodrone F4 RACE flight controller can power HV VBAT or 5V Video transmitters.
Please make sure to jump the correct selection for your VTX.
If you want to use the VTX PIT mode function please type the following in the CLI command line:
resource pinio 1 A15 (Hit Enter)
Set pinio_box = 39 (Hit Enter)
Save (Hit Enter)
Assign a switch to the VTX PIT option in Betaflight MODES tab.
If VTX PIT mode is NOT needed then just solder your VTX and fly! (no additional settings needed)
If you want to solder the TBS UNIFY 5V direct to the board which is where this FC REALLY shines then here are couple tips for you.
Both the VTX and the board have "anchor" Pads on both sides of the VTX, but we do not recommend using all these anchor points for easier future maintanence in case you ever have to remove the VTX.
Here is what we recommend.
Use a very thin piece of the double sided tape that is provided in your TBS UNIFY V3 package and apply it on the VTX as shown in the below picture.
This will work as a place holder for you to line up and solder the 4 points.
When sticking the VTX to the board make sure the 4 points on the VTX (VID-AUD-GND-5V) line up with the 4 pads on the flight controller.
Once lined up solder the 4 points.
Now it's time to solder your receiver.
The board is labled for TBS NANO RX as the holes perfectly line up with the Nano RX, but you can really use any RX and just choose the correct type of receiver in the Betaflight configuration page.
Our preferred way of mounting the RX is with silicone wires rather than direct solder, Again for easier future maintenence purposes.
Please check the below picture:
Why buy from Phaser FPV?
- DEPENDABLE - Phaser started in 2012 -Long reputable history & 5 star reviews.
- SPEED - All stock located in our retail store in Gosford NSW Australia. - We ship express today, you receive tomorrow.***
- TRANSPARENT Stock - If it says in stock on our website, we ship today! If we know the ETA, we also advise of this on each product.
- EXPERIENCE - Within our 10 Staff Members, you will find at least two who know, are experienced, and regularly use our products. Confused or not sure what to buy? Please call us and get our advice - We will save you money, do not buy twice.
- FREE gift on first and recurring orders
- FREE shipping on orders over $120***
- FREE express shipping over $250***
- Active on social media - Tag us or DM us!
- Large Facebook Community for like-minded individuals.
- Piper - Come in-store and meet our friendly, cute, house dog. Careful, she loves to lick!
- GST Registered. If you are a business and want to claim GST you may note other niche FPV stores are not registered.