We recommend that you tin both the wire and the connector pin to be soldered with a liberal amount of solder.
Now place the wire on top of the connector pin and place the “hot” soldering tip on top of the wire until the solder melts…
Then take the soldering tip away from the wire and hold the wire in place for a few seconds until the solder cools……..
This will give you a good connection!
(Note: The Jigs Up can also be placed on top of the wire while you tin the wire)
* "I have used the "The Jigs Up" for several months now and all I can say is it is
wonderful. It has taken a difficult task and made it into a simple enjoyable task. A
simple design that does everything exactly as advertised. I would never try and
solder any connector without the jig and I keep it in my field box for just in case
field repairs." Charles T. Youngblood (Lexington, SC)
* "I have now used the jig a good few
* "As a hobby shop
* "The Jigs Up is amazing. I have fussed with trying to hold wires & connectors using "Extra Hands" those silly
* "My Wife gave me one as an X-Mas Gift and I have to tell you it is GREAT. Used it yesterday and this is one of the BEST TOOLS I have on my RC Desk. Your product is wonderful and any person who owns a soldering iron should have one, thank you." - Mike (Mesa, Arizona)
* "Hey this is a great gadget, I already put it to work and it's very handy Thanks" - Frank * "I'm glad you posted my comments, forget the poke
* "I received mine, and it is a very nice unit. It works so much better than a pair of pliers and a rubber band to keep things steady. Makes it so easy to solder Deans plugs. Well worth the money!" - Ed (Kentucky)
* "I just tried my jig today on a couple of deans plugs, and it was great. It lets you focus on a nice joint, and not on fiddling with things slipping around. The solder joints I made look nicer than my usual ones, and the experience was a pleasure" - Valaoritis (Manhattan)
* "I used
* "A must have for any serious hobbyist! I got hooked and soldered everything in sight... All my a123 packs were completed and miscellaneous leads. Thank you for such an innovative product." Ed - Miami, FL area dentist
* "Hi, thanks for that, the jig arrived safe and sound today, it's a little
* "I made a very similar jig from a block of Mica several years ago. Until then, I'd had more burned
* "When you need to put a screw into those helicopter micro servo arms, you cannot hold the tiny screw and can barely grip the servo arm. It makes you want to throw the
* "Bought one for an X-mas gift. I like it a lot, nice and simple." -AutoXMan (RC Groups) * "
Why buy from Phaser FPV?
- DEPENDABLE - Phaser started in 2012 -Long reputable history & 5 star reviews.
- SPEED - All stock located in our retail store in Gosford NSW Australia. - We ship express today, you receive tomorrow.***
- TRANSPARENT Stock - If it says in stock on our website, we ship today! If we know the ETA, we also advise of this on each product.
- EXPERIENCE - Within our 10 Staff Members, you will find at least two who know, are experienced, and regularly use our products. Confused or not sure what to buy? Please call us and get our advice - We will save you money, do not buy twice.
- FREE gift on first and recurring orders
- FREE shipping on orders over $120***
- FREE express shipping over $250***
- Active on social media - Tag us or DM us!
- Large Facebook Community for like-minded individuals.
- Piper - Come in-store and meet our friendly, cute, house dog. Careful, she loves to lick!
- GST Registered. If you are a business and want to claim GST you may note other niche FPV stores are not registered.