We recommend that you tin both the wire and the connector pin to be soldered with a liberal amount of solder.
Now place the wire on top of the connector pin and place the “hot” soldering tip on top of the wire until the solder melts…
Then take the soldering tip away from the wire and hold the wire in place for a few seconds until the solder cools……..
This will give you a good connection!
(Note: The Jigs Up can also be placed on top of the wire while you tin the wire)
* "I have used the "The Jigs Up" for several months now and all I can say is it is
wonderful. It has taken a difficult task and made it into a simple enjoyable task. A
simple design that does everything exactly as advertised. I would never try and
solder any connector without the jig and I keep it in my field box for just in case
field repairs." Charles T. Youngblood (Lexington, SC)
* "I have now used the jig a good few
* "As a hobby shop
* "The Jigs Up is amazing. I have fussed with trying to hold wires & connectors using "Extra Hands" those silly
* "My Wife gave me one as an X-Mas Gift and I have to tell you it is GREAT. Used it yesterday and this is one of the BEST TOOLS I have on my RC Desk. Your product is wonderful and any person who owns a soldering iron should have one, thank you." - Mike (Mesa, Arizona)
* "Hey this is a great gadget, I already put it to work and it's very handy Thanks" - Frank * "I'm glad you posted my comments, forget the poke
* "I received mine, and it is a very nice unit. It works so much better than a pair of pliers and a rubber band to keep things steady. Makes it so easy to solder Deans plugs. Well worth the money!" - Ed (Kentucky)
* "I just tried my jig today on a couple of deans plugs, and it was great. It lets you focus on a nice joint, and not on fiddling with things slipping around. The solder joints I made look nicer than my usual ones, and the experience was a pleasure" - Valaoritis (Manhattan)
* "I used
* "A must have for any serious hobbyist! I got hooked and soldered everything in sight... All my a123 packs were completed and miscellaneous leads. Thank you for such an innovative product." Ed - Miami, FL area dentist
* "Hi, thanks for that, the jig arrived safe and sound today, it's a little
* "I made a very similar jig from a block of Mica several years ago. Until then, I'd had more burned
* "When you need to put a screw into those helicopter micro servo arms, you cannot hold the tiny screw and can barely grip the servo arm. It makes you want to throw the
* "Bought one for an X-mas gift. I like it a lot, nice and simple." -AutoXMan (RC Groups) * "
Why Choose Phaser FPV?
Here’s Why 1000s of Buyers Trust Us
In the sky-high world of FPV drones and related products, Phaser FPV takes you higher and further – while ensuring a smooth ride every step of the way. As a human brand that puts its clients first, here are a few of the ways we keep giving our customers reasons to come back.
If you place your order with us before 1pm weekdays, we’ll ship it out on the same day you shopped. When we make a promise, we keep it. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any Phaser order that didn’t fly out of our facility on the day it was ordered.
We keep our website updated like hawks. If you see it and it says it’s in stock, you can order it today and get it tomorrow via express shipping.
We’ve spent almost a decade racking in countless 5-star reviews. Give them a read and you'll see everything we have said here is true!
Walk In Anytime
Can’t wait? Then don’t. We’re one of the only FPV drone + accessory stores to have a physical brick-and-mortar establishment in Gosford NSW Australia. You’ll get to meet one of our friendliest – and fluffiest – employees, the Phaser FPV house dog, Piper!
Our handpicked team of technology experts specialize in – and are boffins on – every product we sell. This means they can answer any and all of your technical questions with confidence. Go ahead, put us to the test.
We welcome our customers to reach out to us via email, phone, or LIVE chat. Phaser FPV is the only FPV business to have a dedicated phone line.
It’s clear to see why most of our business comes through word-of-mouth referrals. When you need the best in FPV, 3D Printing and PEV Vehicles, don’t settle for less. Demand the best – insist on Phaser FPV.